- 11/17/15 – First patient treated in Alabama for the CALM-First in Human protocol, baroreceptor modulation using the MobiusHD for subjects with resistant hypertension.
- 4/7/15 – First patient treated in Alabama for the REINFORCE: REDUCE-HTN study, renal denervation using the Vessix Reduce™ Catheter and Vessix™ Generator for the treatment of hypertension.
- 4/17/12 – First in human delivery of JVS-100 in the world, administered by direct intramuscular injection to adults with critical limb ischemia.
- 12/7/2011 – First patient enrolled in the HTN-3 renal denervation study in Alabama for patients with resistant hypertension.
- 3/23/10 – First in human endomyocardial injection, worldwide, of the angiogenic agent ACRX-100 with a percutaneous catheter.
- 2/7/08 – First patient treated in Alabama via percutaneous intramyocardial stem cell transplant to the heart.
- 1/24/08 – First patient treated in Alabama via implantation of stem cells for peripheral artery disease.
- 11/23/04 – First intramyocardial delivery of hepatocyte growth factor with percutaneous catheter in the world (CORAUTUS).
- 11/10/04 – First patient treated in Alabama via intramyocardial delivery of angiogenic agent with percutaneous catheter.
- 4/29/03 – First administration of hepatocyte growth factor for peripheral artery disease in the United States.
- 6/15/02 – First published therapeutic angiogenesis trial with positive results proving concept (TRAFFIC).
- 8/15/01 – First gene therapy trial for peripheral artery disease performed in Alabama (RAVE).
- 9/22/99 – First therapeutic angiogenesis trial performed in Alabama (TRAFFIC).
Ⓒ 2018 Cardiology PC
Web Development by INFOMEDIA
Proud member of the